Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-29-12 06:29PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
She looked in control of the match and it has to be heartbreaking for rachel to lose the way that she did

No kidding ey?! One bad end for Homan out of 11 games and all of a sudden she's not going to Red Deer. Curling can be brutal

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-29-12 06:32PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Definitely an upset! I love watching Rachel's team so it's too bad we won't be able to watch them at the nationals, but it's always great to see new faces at the Scotties and Horgan's team are obviously deserving champions after a great round robin and playoffs.

I know almost nothing about this team! Can any Ontarians give us an update on their women's team performance since graduating from juniors?

01-29-12 06:36PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

What a Hoot!

On Tracy wiki page it already has Hearts Appearances as 1 ( 2012)
They must be going crazy !!

01-29-12 06:39PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Team Horgan

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Horgan's team are obviously deserving champions after a great round robin and playoffs.

I know almost nothing about this team! Can any Ontarians give us an update on their women's team performance since graduating from juniors?

some info on the Team:

http://www.eteamz.com/TeamHorgan/

01-29-12 07:22PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Rachel is about as personable as a rock on the side of the road and gets way too upset at misses (I remember her attitude during the bronze game last year was disgraceful). I don't care that she is young and full of piss and vinegar, figure out how to respectfully lose the game as well. Way to go Horgan!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.90.251

01-29-12 07:27PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Definitely an upset! I love watching Rachel's team so it's too bad we won't be able to watch them at the nationals, but it's always great to see new faces at the Scotties and Horgan's team are obviously deserving champions after a great round robin and playoffs.

i know she's made a final before. She lost a close one to krista in the 2010 ontario final

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

01-29-12 08:40PM
jamielb77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamielb77 Click here to Send jamielb77 a Private Message Find more posts by jamielb77 Add jamielb77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamielb77
Knee-Slider

Thumbs up

Wow! Congrats to Team Horgan! What a comeback. She'll have it tough in Red Deer, but they fully deserve a shot at the nationals.

01-29-12 08:46PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Final on Rogers now

I'm watching the tape delay of the final and Team Horgan is far more precise on their shots...( so far)

They have all the shots.. great draw weight, takeouts etc..

They will be good reps for ON

01-29-12 10:19PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Agree

Well Team Horgan will impress everyone at the Scotties in Red Deer. Tracy is a little like Kelly Scott..even tempered and every positive and friendly.. and oh BTW she can really Curl

01-29-12 10:26PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Since I was watching tape delay coverage- just weighing in on discussion. The jam on the Homans 2nd last shot was there all the way. She lives by the big weight and then has to accept the consequences when she misses. Peel the guard one more time and hope at worst to go to an extra end.

Tears of joy from Horgan- nice to see. She is a quite a quiet giant killer!

01-29-12 10:33PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Rachel is about as personable as a rock on the side of the road and gets way too upset at misses (I remember her attitude during the bronze game last year was disgraceful). I don't care that she is young and full of piss and vinegar, figure out how to respectfully lose the game as well. Way to go Horgan!

Compliments using negative comparisons really don't come across as complimentary jerkweed.

01-29-12 10:54PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Too much weight

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Since I was watching tape delay coverage- just weighing in on discussion. The jam on the Homans 2nd last shot was there all the way. She lives by the big weight and then has to accept the consequences when she misses. Peel the guard one more time and hope at worst to go to an extra end.

Tears of joy from Horgan- nice to see. She is a quite a quiet giant killer!

Sorry for Rachel that she took herself down with her own last two shots. That overweight runback set the 3 Horgan stones in scoring position. Then the draw that hung out where it was doing same all game..

Really glad for Team Horgan... looking forward to seeing how they matchup with the experienced Scotties returnees.
She came out of a very tough McCarville, Middaugh, Homan, Auld field..

01-29-12 11:15PM
Keon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keon Click here to Send Keon a Private Message Find more posts by Keon Add Keon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keon
Hitting Paint

kyoh's post below is basically plagiarism. Here's a tweet I made 45 minutes before this post:

"Jordan Keon @jordankeon
@TeamHoman has one bad end out of 10 games and they aren't going to #stoh. #Curling can be brutal.
5:45 PM - 29 Jan 12 via web · Details"

Show some class, use your own words next time.

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh

No kidding ey?! One bad end for Homan out of 11 games and all of a sudden she's not going to Red Deer. Curling can be brutal

01-29-12 11:41PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

I don't know where you find your statistics, but if you bet against Homan, you're a fool.

Or richer than you were before the bet....

I'm surprised with the experience that Homan has, that she actually tried the run double on her first one... that was a junior call.

If she played the straight peel, she'd have an easy shot to at least take it to an extra (with hammer). She needs to learn to have a little patience still.

Either way, she'll certainly make it back to the Canadian scotties again many times.

Good on Team Horgan for finally breaking through, they're a great young team. Good luck in Red Deer!

01-30-12 06:00AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

As long as Homan is learning from these mistakes, it'll make them stronger. McEwen made similar "junior" calls before getting to where he is today.
They are all young enough. They have many years ahead.

01-30-12 06:23AM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
As long as Homan is learning from these mistakes, it'll make them stronger. McEwen made similar "junior" calls before getting to where he is today.
They are all young enough. They have many years ahead.

No doubt! It's all part of learning and growing as a skip. She's generally got a very good handle on strategy. It was a tough lesson to learn, but I'm sure she'll put this one in her memory for the next time she's faced with a similar situation.

It'll be interesting to see how Horgan does at the Scotties. They have the potential to do very well, but it's tough to predict. Hopefully they wind up turning a lot of heads!

01-30-12 07:56AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Keon
kyoh's post below is basically plagiarism. Here's a tweet I made 45 minutes before this post:

"Jordan Keon @jordankeon
@TeamHoman has one bad end out of 10 games and they aren't going to #stoh. #Curling can be brutal.

I'd sue!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.30.17.28

01-30-12 08:14AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Break time

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape
No doubt! It's all part of learning and growing as a skip. She's generally got a very good handle on strategy. It was a tough lesson to learn, but I'm sure she'll put this one in her memory for the next time she's faced with a similar situation

During the 5th end break Rachel was quite insightful and to be honest she seems a little tired of the constant push. I hadnt thought of how very draining it must have been on this Young Team to hold down part time jobs attend school and also train and focus on Top Level Curling. Now they can regroup and see where they want to all head.

01-30-12 09:10AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:

"Jordan Keon @jordankeon

LOL. Once you tweet bud your words are part of the anti social media universe and are available for use elsewhere. Have a good rest of the season.

01-30-12 09:26AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs down Bad Boy kyoh

you get to sit on your naughty cushion for 10 minutes

01-30-12 09:29AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Kudos to another young team winning a Provincial Soctties. Horgan has been lurking in the shadows for a few years now. A lovely young team - I met them a few years ago at a Junior Event. They will be great representatives for Ontario.

It will be nice to see some new faces this year.

01-30-12 09:34AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up For Sure

they work hard, play well together and man they have the full arsenal of Great shots
Tracy's a good Leader for them..takes responsibility for her mistakes and doesnt get reactive when things get messy.

Go Team Horgan...!!!

01-30-12 12:01PM
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:
Statistics are not based on "From what I remember..."

From what I remember, you may be correct.

01-30-12 01:29PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:

"Jordan Keon @jordankeon

LOL I don't know you, nor have I ever seen that tweet before. It's not like you own any of what you said anyway. Good try.

01-30-12 01:35PM
Unregistered

Homan dirty mouth

I am so glad that Homan lost particularly because of the biased commentating from Heather Houston & Lorraine Lang.

Its obvious that they were shocked & didn't really know what to say with Horgan's victory. Horgan deserved it just as much as Homan deserved it if she made her final 2 stones.

Maybe Homan can clean up her mouth, instead of saying the F-word after missing her 1st stone in the 10th, she could of used Homer's word.

Homan is just another mouthy little girl with no class for the game. Horgan is a sweetheart & hopefully she does well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.194.208