Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-27-12 10:04PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Finally in the 9th a point appears... one can only guess a failed blank attempt?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-12 10:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Sherry steals 1 in the 11th for win.
Sure would like to have seen those 8 blank ends.

01-27-12 11:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

sherry steals the win in the extra and krista steals the win in the 10th end over auld and so we have our final 4:

rachel homan 9-0
tracy horgan 7-2
krista mccarville 6-3
sherry middaugh 6-3

cant help but feel sorry for team auld who were front runners all week but lost to the "big 3" of ontario at the end of the week

i cant help but feel rahcel will win the page game only to lose in the final, i really dont think they'll go unbeaten here

01-28-12 12:06AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i cant help but feel rahcel will win the page game only to lose in the final, i really dont think they'll go unbeaten here

They may not go unbeaten here but they can still win the title if they lose the Page 1/2 game.

01-28-12 08:02AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

They may not go unbeaten here but they can still win the title if they lose the Page 1/2 game.

they can. But i dont think they'll lose to team horgan . I think they win that game then lose the final to who i think will be middaugh

however if they do win the page playoff and horgan then gets to them a 3rd time in the final..rule of 3 would favor team horgan

01-28-12 09:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

There's a ton of other provincial champs, plus Amber Holland as Team Canada that are cheering for an 'ANYONE BUT HOMAN' rep from Ontario. Homan's squad is capable of tormenting just about any team in the land - the other ontario squads (Middaugh, Krista, Horgan) NOT SO MUCH!

im sure sherry or krista could do just as much damage as rachel could at the scotties

01-28-12 10:36AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Can't agree. If there's any one team who could torment the entire field and run the table in the round-robin its Rachel Homan. Would meet stronger resistance in the page playoff though, as three other teams would qualify.

I think the only team Homan might fear is Amber Holland and thats only if Holland puts on her Green Hornet act again. (ie. Skip making all kinds of wonderful shots in troubled houses)

sherry's past consistency as the scotties speaks for itself. Sure she's a semi final choker but she's always there in the end.

and given how JJ seems to have rachel's number im sure if she survives manitoba rachel will have to be weary of her aswell..

id say if rachel gets out of ontario the 2 teams she'd have to fear most if they got there would be jj and stefanie..maybe amber if she finds form

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

01-28-12 05:32PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
id say if rachel gets out of ontario the 2 teams she'd have to fear most if they got there would be jj and stefanie..

I doubt Homan "fears" any team.

01-28-12 05:44PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

So Homan steals the 10th. Horgan misses a wide open draw for the tie point. Sweepers were pretty nonchalant and then it just dug in, not even getting to house.

01-28-12 05:57PM
Unregistered

Thanks to Shaw and Rogers for televising the page and playoff games! Heather Houston was ok as commentator but Lang needs to control the nervousness. Too many ums and ahs. Great curlers do not necessarily make great speakers.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.49.136

01-28-12 06:09PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Lucky You!

quote:
Thanks to Shaw and Rogers for televising the page and playoff games! Heather Houston was ok as commentator but Lang needs to control the nervousness. Too many ums and ahs. Great curlers do not necessarily make great speakers.

We didnt even get to see that game down in Toronto.. time slot was already bought for hockey.

Nice thing is we will see for ourselves tonight exactly where
M & M stand

Well done Rachel Homan ..waiting in the Final.... Tracy Horgan gave her quite the scare...

01-28-12 09:36PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Sherry takes 1 in the first and then 4 blank ends by Krista. Great comment at the 5th end break by Sherry when the announcer asked her what she thought after 5 and she said "bored".
If she is bored, how can you attract television viewers and expect sponsors to step forward?
6th end has a few more rocks in play.

Whoops spoke to soon- setting up for another blank.
Good job crowd is behind glass or the boo birds would be heard.

Last edited by decade on 01-28-12 at 09:39PM

01-28-12 10:35PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Very close game

and as the club ice deteriorates a bit the shots lose some of their precision.

Sherry is up 3-1 after 8 and is putting a lot of rocks in play...

cant see Krista coming back in this one... but then my crystal ball is a bit foggy

01-28-12 10:46PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Sherry's got it!

Stole 2 in 9 and in control ...5-1

well done Sherry!!!

01-28-12 10:47PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Very close game

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
and as the club ice deteriorates a bit the shots lose some of their precision.

Sherry is up 3-1 after 8 and is putting a lot of rocks in play...

cant see Krista coming back in this one... but then my crystal ball is a bit foggy

and having the sand fall out of the rock handle doesn't help.
Too bad slide path deteriorated.

01-29-12 08:12AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

really good win for sherry.

01-29-12 09:52AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

If you are planning to watch the games today on your local Rogers station- check the times. Most of the province gets tap delayed at 5 and 8. Think Guelph gets it live.

Our local station is showing ads and community events instead! This makes a lot of sense. Not!

01-29-12 11:00AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Pathetic

Who wants to watch a tape delay when a Provincial Final is already decided.. I have better things to do..

What a real shame in this HUGE province we cant get LIVE streaming..
a little radio station in Leduc Alberta shares the Womens AB Scotties with the world and we get a tape delay..

01-29-12 11:14AM
Lovetocurl

Re: Pathetic

quote:
Who wants to watch a tape delay when a Provincial Final is already decided.. I have better things to do..

What a real shame in this HUGE province we cant get LIVE streaming..
a little radio station in Leduc Alberta shares the Womens AB Scotties with the world and we get a tape delay..

Live game on Rogers in Orillia right now.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 74.198.165.100

01-29-12 11:33AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

LOL

well a short drive ..but glad its being enjoyed in other parts of ON...
wonder if the Men's Playdowns will get the same shabby treatmnet.. yah Right

Enjoy!! I get to watch the linescores..

01-29-12 12:20PM
JackFlash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JackFlash Find more posts by JackFlash Add JackFlash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JackFlash
Swing Artist

quote:

Pray tell, where on Shaw are the games being shown! Not on mine that I can see! What channel?

01-29-12 12:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

looking like tracy will get a 3rd shot at rachel..she better be careful as it will be their 3rd meeting this week and history in that scenario would heavily favor tracy

01-29-12 12:53PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

LOL

Love that Threes superstition...
I am happy for Tracy Horgan that she is obviously dominating Sherry...who saw that one coming? I liked Tracy All season but didnt think she was quite ready...

Rachel will be some TOUGH.. three or not...!

01-29-12 12:56PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
history in that scenario would heavily favor tracy

I don't know where you find your statistics, but if you bet against Homan, you're a fool.

01-29-12 12:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: LOL

quote:
Love that Threes superstition...
I am happy for Tracy Horgan that she is obviously dominating Sherry...who saw that one coming? I liked Tracy All season but didnt think she was quite ready...

Rachel will be some TOUGH.. three or not...!

laugh and call it what you want but history speaks for itself. when 2 teams meet in the same championship 3 times the team that lost the first 2 games is winning the 3rd one about 85% of the time

i dont know why that is but it is

that being said i never said it meant tracy will beat rachel but for some reason the past case in this scenario would give her a good shot at it

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 01:00PM